UC Davis was ranked the #1 university in the world for agriculture from 2013 to 2015 and it was recently ranked the most sustainable university in the world. The Robert Mondavi Institute enabled UC Davis to locate two departments – Viticulture & Enology, and Food Science & Technology – under one roof in a new, state-of-the-art facility. These departments, recognized as the best in the world in their respective areas of scholarship, are linked with other disciplines across campus to investigate the role of healthy and safe foods and beverages in enhancing our quality of life.
AWWEE invites you to taste and learn about how the Robert Mondavi Institute for Wine and Food Science is taking its programs to the next level of excellence.
Our agenda will include:
- An overview of the Robert Mondavi Institute in the Silverado Vineyards Sensory Theatre by Ned Sprang, Assistant Professor Food Science & Technology
- Olive Oil tasting and a presentation by Shirley Li, Assistant Director of the Olive Center
- Honey tasting and a discussion with Amina Harris, Director of the Honey & Pollination Center
- End Food Waste presentation by Maddison Gurrola, Graduate Student in Food Science Technology
- Tours of the LEED building led by Dr. Roger Boulton, Professor & Chemical Engineer in the Department of Viticulture and Enology Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and Jill Brigham, Executive Director of UC Davis’ new Sustainable Wine & Food Processing Center
We’ll end the event with time to connect with fellow attendees over wine and light appetizers in the Sensory Interaction Area.