To help foster the growth of our members, AWWEE’s mentoring program creates opportunities for two-way learning between a mentor and mentee.
The mentoring program benefits participating mentees by connecting them with a mentor who is more experienced professionally and who is willing to be a resource that facilitates learning and growth for the mentee. This relationship also benefits the participating mentors by providing opportunities to expand their leadership skills, share their experiences and insights, and learn from the experiences of their mentees.
- Applications will be accepted from February 14, 2017 until March 3, 2017.
- Participants will be notified of their paired mentee/mentor no later than April 1, 2017.
- The official program will run from April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018.
- Mentor/mentee pairs will meet at least four times over the year (in-person or by phone), for at least one-hour each time.
Expectations of Mentees
- Make the initial contact with her mentor and schedule all meetings.
- Identify overall outcomes she hopes to attain with the support of her mentor.
- Prepare and provide an agenda to her mentor in advance of each meeting.
- Follow through on commitments and goals set during meetings.
- Be receptive to feedback and coaching from her mentor.
- Take advantage of the opportunities and advice presented by her mentor.
Expectations of Mentors
- Understand her mentee’s desired outcomes and prepare for meetings accordingly.
- Act as a resource by sharing her experiences, knowledge, and wisdom with her mentee.
- Help her mentee establish goals.
- Challenge her mentee to think and analyze options.
- Offer advice to guide her mentee in reaching her professional and personal goals.
- Provide constructive and meaningful feedback.